We at Mileseey take your personal data seriously. We process Personal Information collected during your visit to the Mileseey Tools Website and use of Services in compliance with this Notice and all applicable laws and regulations. Data protection and information security are part of Mileseey corporate policy.
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device for updates and communications related to the Services. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
III. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY WHEN YOU USE THE SERVICES
When you access or use our Services, we may automatically collect information (Including but not limited to the contents listed), such as:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, number of clicks, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, or information about certain Mileseey tools or devices you use, including the hardware model, MAC address, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Network Information: We may collect information about your network, such as information about devices, nodes, configurations, connection speeds and network and application performance.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your mobile device or Mileseey device or tool each time you access or use one of our mobile applications, devices or tools if you have given us your prior permission.
- Usage Information: We may collect information about your use of our Services, such as how often the Services are used, the duration and quality of use, the types of use (e.g. data creation, storage, access, deletion), calibration data, project configuration data and operator data.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: Cookies and other tracking technologies (such as web beacons) are used to enhance your experience by allowing us to tailor our content based on your interests and distinguish you from other users of our Services. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your device. A cookie can contain information, such as a user ID or preferences, which we use to personalize content, track the pages you've visited or to save your password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit our Services. We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These are cookies or other tracking mechanisms necessary to make our Services function as intended. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to use a shopping cart.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Services. This helps us to improve the way our Services work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies enable us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). They may also be used to recognize you when you return to our Services.
- Third-Party Cookies: We may allow third parties to place cookies on your device for advertising and analytics purposes. For more information about these cookies, please see “Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others”below.
IV. SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information, including personal information, you provide directly to us in connection with the Services. For example, we collect information when you create an online/mobile application account and/or profile, use or access our Services including any interactive areas of our Services, request or purchase Services, fill out a form, provide us with your business card or other contact information, participate in a contest or promotion, complete a survey, sign up to receive one of our newsletters, make a purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include, but are not limited to, your name, email address, password, postal address, phone number, company name and contact details, job function, job title, industry sector, names and contact information of individuals you work with, work related records and reports, device and tool information related to your account (e.g., serial number and date purchased), payment information, service activation codes, photographs, videos, diagrams, notes, and any other information you choose to provide.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also obtain information, including personal information, from other sources (for example, people you work with) and combine that with information we collect about you.
V. HOW AND WHY DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We use your personal data in order to:
VI. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Your personal data may be shared:
- with our parent company, Mileseey Group or any successor parent, and our corporate affiliates and subsidiaries for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes;
- with distributors, resellers, channel partners and others in connection with the sale and marketing of our Services offered by Mileseey or on behalf of Mileseey;
- with other users at your direction or through functionality available in our Services, including when you participate in the interactive areas of those Services;
- with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- with third parties who need access to such information to perform a service that you requested;
- in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation, including at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; to detect and protect against fraud, or any technical or security vulnerabilities; to respond to an emergency; or if we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect our rights, property and safety and the rights, property and safety of others;
- where necessary in connection with, or during negotiations (and due diligence) of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, subject to our taking such further steps as may be required by applicable law; and
- with your consent or at your direction, such as where you decide to share information through an external API. Unless we are acting on your specific instruction, we exercise due diligence to make sure that there are adequate safeguards for the security, confidentiality and privacy of your personal data.
VII. DURATION OF STORAGE; RETENTION PERIODS
We store your data for as long as necessary to provide our online services and the services associated with them, or for as long as we have a legitimate interest in storing it further (e.g. we may still have a legitimate interest in postal marketing even after the contract has been performed). In all other cases, we delete your personal data, with the exception of the data we are obliged to store for longer in order to fulfil legal obligations (e.g. we are obliged to retain documents such as contracts and invoices for a specific period of time due to fiscal and commercial retention period regulations).
VIII. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment Gateway Providers Database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, who are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
IX. WHAT ABOUT MARKETING?
We would like to be able to contact you from time to time about our new similar products and services and promotional offers, where we have your permission or are otherwise permitted by applicable law to do so.
We would like to provide you with choices regarding certain uses of personal data, particularly around marketing to you, and have therefore established an online privacy centre where you can view and make certain decisions about your personal data use. Alternatively, you can unsubscribe or opt out from any further promotional communications from us at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any of our communication or by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Privacy Notice.
X. WHAT LEGAL BASIS DO WE HAVE FOR USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We process your information:
- where you have given us consent to process your personal data for certain purposes, for instance to send you promotional communications related to our Services.
- where this is necessary for the performance of a contract with you for the provision of our Services or to take steps at your request prior to entering into such contract.
- to comply with our legal obligations, for example to keep records and accounts, or to carry out identity checks and other verifications prescribed by law.
- as this is necessary in pursuit of our legitimate interests in running, developing and growing our business and providing our Services, including sending you communications related to our Services and profiling related to how you have used and interacted with our Services.
XI. Children’s Privacy.
Mileseey does not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from online visitors under the age of 16. Mileseey does not knowingly allow visitors under the age of 16 to participate in any promotions or contests made available on the Mileseey Tools Website from time to time.
XII. What happens if you do not provide us with the information we request or ask that we stop processing your information?
Where we need to collect personal data in order to enter into or perform a contract and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to enter into or perform that contract, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
When you use our Services, for instance our mobile applications, tools and devices, you may be asked to provide certain information. Where you do not do so, and that Service, or certain features of the Service, requires this information, the Service or certain features of the Service will no longer function.
XIII. Do we make automated decisions concerning you?
No, we do not carry out automated decision making or automated profiling that will have legal or other similarly significant effects on you.
XIV. Use of external links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
For more information about Internet-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioural advertising purposes, please visit Google's Ads Settings and the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out mechanism.
Cookies and other tracking technologies (such as web beacons) are used to enhance your experience by allowing us to tailor our content based on your interests and distinguish you from other users of our Services.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your device. A cookie can contain information, such as a user ID or preferences, which we use to personalize content, track the pages you've visited or to save your password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit our website or use our Services.
Your personal data will be stored on our secure servers at our offices and those of our service providers, which are located in the EEA or in the U.S. and other countries which may not have a level of data protection law equivalent to that of your country.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it as if it were staying in the EEA by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries or recipients operating under frameworks (such as the Privacy Shield in the U.S.) that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- We may also use specific contractual clauses approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific safeguards used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
XVII. Your rights relating to Personal Information collected by Mileseey.
By law, you have a number of rights when it comes to your personal data, and we have summarised these below. Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country.
1. The right to be informed
You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Privacy Notice.
2. The right of access
You have the right to obtain access to your information (if we’re processing it), and certain other information (similar to that provided in this Privacy Notice).
This is so you’re aware and can check that we’re using your information in accordance with data protection law.
3. The right to rectification
You are entitled to have your information corrected if it’s inaccurate or incomplete.
4. The right to erasure
This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep
5. The right to restrict processing
You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be
6. The right to data portability
You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. For example, if you decide to switch to a new provider, this enables you to move, copy or transfer your information easily between our IT systems and theirs safely and securely, without affecting its usability.
7. The right to object to processing
You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing based on our legitimate interests and processing for direct marketing (i.e. if you no longer want to be
8. The right to lodge a complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal data with your national data protection regulator.
9. The right to withdraw consent
If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). This includes your right to withdraw consent to us using your personal data for marketing purposes.
XVIII. How to exercise your rights
To exercise your rights, please submit a verifiable consumer request or access request, as applicable, to us by calling or emailing at the methods provided at the end below or:
Only you (or in case of an authorized agent authorized by you to act on your behalf) may make a verifiable consumer request or access request, as applicable related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. Your verifiable consumer request or access request, as applicable, must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request or access request does not require you to create an account with us, but if you already have an account with us, you may be required to make your request through that account.
We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request or access request, as applicable, to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
XIX. Response timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request or access request, as applicable, within forty five (45) days of its receipt, or sooner where required by applicable law (including Canadian Privacy Laws). If we require more time (up 90 days), where permitted by applicable law, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide in response to a verifiable consumer request will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt, unless otherwise required by applicable law. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
For data portability requests, where applicable, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We usually act on requests and provide information free of charge, but may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs of providing the information for:
- baseless or excessive/repeated requests, or
- further copies of the same information.
Alternatively, the law may allow us to refuse to act on the request.
XX. Changes to Notice
The effective date of this Notice is: May 1st, 2020
XXI. How can you contact us?
If incorrect information has been stored despite Mileseey efforts to maintain correct and up-to-date data, Mileseey will correct this upon your written request, sent to:
36/F, Building 5, Tanglang Town Plaza West, Liuxian Ave., Nanshan District, Shenzhen 518000, Guangdong, CN
You may also contact as follows:
The details of the data protection officers that we have appointed can be found here. If you’re not satisfied with our response to any complaint or believe our processing of your information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the data protection regulator the country of your residence.
© Copyright 2020 Shenzhen MileSeey Technology Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.